Tuesday, January 21, 2014

First ride

O-M-G this is such a riot!!!! :) The bike accelerates faster than cars. Hills are nothing for this motor, it just pushes like crazy.

The CA's ramp-up is simply a must - without it every slight change in the throttle is a nuisance. With the ramp up it speeds up really smooth, that way it's supposed to be.

I didn't have a speedometer installed but I don't think I did more than 55kph - need to verify that. Might be that I limited the controller in firmware..?

The one torque arm handled everything I threw at it. Motor axle didn't twist inside. I'm still going with a second arm for backup, who knows...

To conclude, this baby is just it. The acceleration is indescribable, you have to be on the bike to understand. The acceleration seems almost the same even up steep hills, but the speed wasn't really what I hoped for (and I sure didn't spend so much money & effort just for 55 or even 60 kph. I also didn't configure the CA at all, it is in the same condition as when it arrived, and when it's connected to the controller it won't do more than 10kph ;) So it will need setting up as well before this becomes the magic ride I plan on.

No comments:

Post a Comment